Technical Sales: Catalysts in the Fuel Upgrading Market
This Houston employer is a leading supplier of catalysts used in synthesis gas (syngas) processes. These processes include those for the production of ammonia, methanol, hydrogen, HyCo (hydrogen/CO mixtures), and direct-reduced iron (DRI). Our strength in research and development for syngas technology makes us a leading company in the development of process catalysts for chemical markets. We are currently looking to add a Sales Account Manager to our Syngas team that will be focused on maintaining current accounts and penetrating new market accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for sales and technical service of catalysts in the Fuel Upgrading market segment focusing on the refinery catalyst market
• Responsible to develop strong relationships at all levels within the customers’ organization (with plant engineers, research and technology experts, purchasing managers, business managers, and senior management)
• Perform routine sales functions such as site visits, preparation and timely submission of technical and commercial proposals, phone and on-site technical service when requested, and practicing a systematic selling process including call reports, sales call planning, sales forecasting, etc.
• Report on competitive activity, frequently update market database and prepare SAP forecasts of short term and long term business potentials
• Strategic account planning including: prospecting, actively cross selling, order fulfillment, consulting with multiple resources and departments, understanding the customers’ business and continually positioning our products to meet needs
• Track trends of the market; gather intelligence concerning customers, competitors, and market trends
• Maintains sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors
• Establishes and adjusts selling prices and minimum margin requirements (Minimum Margin Tool) by monitoring costs, supply and demand, and competition
• Create vertical relationship channels within customers
• Develops industry contacts through establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies
• Maintains technical knowledge though professional publications, customer interaction and educational workshops
• Role model of company values and align team business behaviors to the values
• Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, although degrees in related fields with appropriate experience will also be considered
• Ideal candidate will have 3+ years technical sales experience working in the areas of industrial chemicals
• Candidates who have refinery plant operating experience, process engineering, and/or technical service experience and have an aptitude and desire to make a career change to sales will also be considered
• Must also have very strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
• Must be well organized and have excellent overall computer skills (SAP knowledge is preferred but not required.)
• Must have excellent relationship building skills and enjoy service oriented type of work.
• Must also be results oriented with the ability to work effectively with little or no supervision
• Ability and willingness to travel to both domestic and foreign locations
• Account Management (Understanding the customers business and continually positioning our products to meet needs.)
• Forecasting (Has the ability to collect complete information that results in accurate forecasts.)
• Presentation Skills (Ability to present information formally to small and large groups in and outside the organization and command attention.)
• Negotiation Skills (Can negotiate to meet or exceed the desired margins and objectives of the Industry Group.)
• Decision Making (Making timely decisions by using sound judgment.)
• Communication (Transferring information with clarity and timeliness.)
• Initiative (Taking, originating, or independently starting action to promote improvement or to expedite work processes.)
Company will pay full benefits, bonus and will reimburse travel for interview
This employer supplies the products to build the world around you. The nation’s second largest producer of construction aggregates used primarily for construction of highways and other infrastructure projects, in certain green initiatives, including flue gas desulphurization, and in the domestic commercial and residential construction industries. A network of over 400 facilities, which spans coast to coast through 26 states, Canada, the Bahamas and the Caribbean Islands. At this employer, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders.
If interested please send resume in Microsoft Word Document format to