Construction Services Manager
Manufacturing & Production Engineering - Civil & Structural Engineering Full-time United States - Houston Benefits - Full Relocation Assistance Available - Yes Commission Compensation - No Bonus Eligible - Yes Overtime Eligible - No Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
Responsibilities: The Construction Services Manager is responsible for facilitating his/her Project Manager (PM) and Field Services Team for the on-time and on-budget completion of “Furnish & Erect” projects. These projects will utilize all or in part, branded metal building systems within the company family. Therefore, it is vital that a viable candidate must have experience with the construction process of metal building systems. This individual will have comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of a project from bid to contract negotiations, through closeout. • Maintain and expand contractor licensing in new areas of work when required.
• Plan, organize, and direct activities related to the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
• Coordinate and prepare bid proposals.
• Schedule the project in logical steps, phases and budget time required to meet deadlines.
• Coordinate with all internal departments and Brands to provide oversight on projects. • Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress and cost tracking reports.
• Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
• Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
• Proactively participate in enforcing Subcontractors’ safety practices meet Owner or GC requirements.
• Manage the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at the construction site
• The ability to acquire, maintain, and additional contractor licenses is critical for this position. • The applicant should have graduated from accredited Civil Engineering / Construction Management program.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel Spreadsheets as well as knowledge of Microsoft Project Manager Software for scheduling.
• Strong general construction experience and understanding of construction terminology.
• Ability to read and understand construction documentation, drawings and contracts. • Job will require 75% office and 25% field environments.
• Travel is expected. Valid driver’s license required.
Solid benefits package including health, dental, vision
• Tuition reimbursement
• 401 K w/company match
• Paid time off - vacation and sick
• 11 paid holidays
• Group insurance plans available – life, accident, etc.
• Vitality 24/7 wellness initiative
• 5+ to 7 years of experience and Management Experience Required
• Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
• Willingness to Travel - Often
• Skills and Certifications (bold if required) must have contractor's license or ability to obtain quickly.
• The Ideal Candidate
• The ideal candidate will have a degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management with 7 to 10 years minimum practical construction experience. Must have contractor's license or ability to obtain one quickly.
If interested please send resume in Microsoft Word Document format to email@example.com.